Saturday 6 September 2014

First Steps...


My family is really, really weird. I've known that all my life.

But even that knowledge has done nothing to prepare me for this.

I present to you my new home.

I know exactly what you're thinking right now, because it's exactly what I was thinking about a minute ago when I got here:

Where's the house?


My name is Katryn Rosemir. I focus on Kat, my family focuses on Rose.

They think they can brew magic potions. That they can use plants and herbs to do their bidding in an assortment of ways. My crazy uncle Olaf even owns a voodoo doll and thinks he can curse people with it.

I think it's all a bunch of rubbish. Which is why I'm here in picturesque Willow Creek while there, um, somewhere else. (About that voodoo doll? "Dear" old uncle Olaf said he'd use it on me if I told everyone where the family lives. They like their privacy.)

Anyway, back to my moving day crisis.

I'm stuck on a great big chunk of land with a bunch of fancy clothes (which I spent way too much of my money on, clearly!), 1,800 simoleans to my name, and this gaudy old statue aunt Natalia insisted I take with me. I tried to sell it in town this afternoon, but no one was willing to buy.


Hold on a minute. What's that sound?

Oh, crap.

It's the movers and they have my new bed.


Well, here it is.

I couldn't exactly tell them I don't want it anymore. (Sleeping on the ground? No way!)


This is totally not what I signed up for! I need to fix this. Immediately.

No doubt my Nana set this whole thing up, convinced that I will come home because it's too hard.

I won't let that happen. I have plans for myself here in Willow Creek. Plans to leave our little backwater village behind and bring the Rosemir name to fame and glory.

Why should sleeping under the stars stop me now? It's not like I haven't done it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment